Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just yesterday i decided to buy a new pug, but i already had a staffy both females my staffy is alot bigger and energetic likes to try and get the pug to run after her, but because shes alot bigger she pushes my pug over and then my pug starts biting my staffy but the staffy doesnt back off and just continues to annoy her. Is there anything i can do so they can get along well?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Generally, when you introduce a new dog into the home, it's a good idea to do it on neutral ground. That way, they are on equal terms.

How old is the pug puppy? How old is your staffy?

You've only had the pug for one day, right? You will need to give them both a lot more time to settle in before you'll know how they are truly going to get along. However, always supervise, so you can intervene if things get out of hand. And, learn to watch their body language. So, for instance, when one dog is reaching it's limit of what she is willing to take, you will probably notice some very subtle signals. If you separate them when you first notice the signals, then it never develops into a problem.

Also, make sure that each dog gets alone time with you: train them separately, feed them separately, and play with them separately. You can give one a frozen, stuffed kong in their crate while you play with the other one and then switch off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts