Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm Jamie and I'm 21. We are getting a new dog tomorrow and i just wanted to find out abit about it, what it's like to train etc.

So we are getting a pedigree Brindle Staffy who's name is Izzie and she's 7. We took her to our home today and she was very excited and very, very fussy which is common in Staffies. I wondered what it would be like to train her? She already knows basics such as sit and paw, she instantly does it. Today i was a complete stranger to her and she abided by my voice.

We only know one problem with her is that she absolutely hates fireworks, she was sunning on the back garden of the previous owner and someone set a firework off who was next door, she went crazy and tried to jump up a 7ft fence which resulted in her breaking her elbow so we will be looking out for that in the summer.

The previous owner is getting rid because she's moving house and already has 4 dogs so she cant take any more and by the looks of it it's been really well looked after, it's had all it's jabs etc.

How long will it take for the excitement to wear of? 7 years with her owner then into a new house, will she chew anything up or will she be past that?

·
Registered
367 Posts
These are strong dogs that love to chew(obviously) so I would get lots of toys that are meant for this type of dog. Around the fourth of july you can probably get a tranquilizer from the vet to keep her calm. Ongoing training and exercise will make for a better dog all the way around...socialization is key if she is not dog aggressive. Just remember as cute as you think she is lots of people will be fearful of her and not want her around their dogs. Good Luck..she is nice looking!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts