Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the best breed for my family and I am looking for any information or advice anyone may have! I have two small children 3&5years old they are good with animals and have been taught how to treat a dog by their daycare provider who has two dogs at the daycare. I work daily and will be away from the home. I am looking for a dog that is good with children can be left alone without separation anxiety, also one that does not shed alot, preferably low grooming maintence and not real hyper active. I want to be able to make this dog a part of the family there for trying to be selective. My two children can be hyper active enough that's why I'm looking for a dog that isnt crazy hyper. Our family has never owned a dog but my children are ready and willing to take care of one. I love lap dogs and want a small inside dog. Any information or advice anyone may have is so appreciated because I am not well educated about breeds of dogs! Thank you so much for you input!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An adult dog does sound like what I need. As for the daily walk yes I can do this me and my kids like to walk around our neighbor luckily we live in a great one! So taking our dog along would be great! I would also take the high maintence grooming over the shedding! I live in a very small town so our animal shelter really didn't have any dogs but I'm checking back often! Thanks for the reply! And when I do finally find our family dog I definatly will let everyone know! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts