Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if it's food related, or environmental. Maddie came to me on Pro Plan and had nasty feet on the bottoms, as well as pink ears. I shaved out mats and changed her food to Acana Pacifica. It's only been a few days, but I don't see any improvement at all yet. She does a lot of licking of her feet, and a little scratching of her ears. I rubbed hydrocortizone cream on the bottoms of her feet last night between the pads.

Maddie's poo is fine. Her eyes are also fine - they don't run.

Wondering if I should change her food to maybe lamb and rice, or stick with this one for awhile longer? I guess it could be environmental from the grass in our backyard (bermuda). Arrggghhhh!!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Blu Boy and Leeo had this from time to time. It was allergies. Every dog is different. Leeo once licked his until he had an infection and had to have antibiotics for it. Also blue itched his eye like this from allergies.

My dogs were sensitive to poultry and wheat. I changed to fish and after about 6 weeks they seemed better. Just a thought.

I also used to wash their feet with just plain warm water when they came in the house after they were in the grass ... just in case it was environmental.

EDIT: You don't think she has them infected from any mats do you? There is also an anti-itch spray or you could ask the vet about Benadryl for the itching.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Once I clipped all the mats away from under her feet, they were very red. I'm going to try swabbing them in apple cider vinegar to see if that helps. That was suggested on a boxer forum I used to be member of, when I had one. I'm hoping switching her to a fish diet helps too eventually; it's only been since Saturday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts