Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Here's the problem and the reason why you won't find too much information on this subject on this forum...too much is dependent on the dog's living environment. We could give you suggestions that are rather neutral like practice NILIF, give your dog plenty pf exercise, yada yada yada, but when it comes to the actual behavior modification you need, it's specific and suited only for you and your dog. There is no convienient procedure, and to suggest something can be like Russian roulette. Recommend the wrong protocol and it could make matter worse.

I think you're on the right track with keeping distance and trying to distract the dog. What I would do in the mean time is absolutely abuse impulse control exercises. Read our sticky on Doggy Zen. And I would start rewarding eye contact. Eye contact is very important to behavior modification like the kind you seek. So getting a jump start on those will only help you along your way.

Will the behaviorist do a home visit? A must IMO.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.