Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a new great dane puppy (i have had great danes my entire life so i know how to take care of them) but i am about to move into a new house with my girlfriend who has a welsh terrior and i was wondering how to go about introducung them? i pipck up the puppy this thursday and the puppy will have to start living with the welsh right away! i was thinking the best way would be to introduce them while on a leash and all the fun stuff... but when they need to be left alone to keep them in seperate crates that are next to eachother so that they get used to eachother being there? anyone see any problems with this? anyone have any other sugestions?

also, we are wanting to put in a dog door... does anyone know of a good dog door that could be used with a great dane and a welsh terrior??

thanks for any help everyone!! :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
i was wondering how to go about introducung them?
I would introduce them on neutral ground and then take them for a nice walk together, then bring them to the new house together.

seperate crates that are next to eachother so that they get used to eachother being there?
Good idea. :)

also, we are wanting to put in a dog door... does anyone know of a good dog door that could be used with a great dane and a welsh terrior??
LOL That's a big door! It has to be tall enough to allow the adult Dane, but low enough to fit under the belly of the terrier. If they don't make them that large, I think I would investigate getting 2 doggie doors, one for each dog and installing one in the house door and one in the wall...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts