Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

New Collie Puppy

612 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ForTheLoveOfDogs 
#1 ·
I Just bought a female collie puppy yesterday. I've had puppies before, only males though. I also have a 10 year old boxer/golden retriever mix boy. The problem is that the collie puppy just wont take to him. She started growling the minute she saw him. Which I understand because she's afraid. So I just started slowly introducing them. I got my older dog to lay down so I could let her sniff him. Today she is not growling as much. But every time he goes to sniff her, she goes to snap him and just did a little while ago so I went to pick her up and then she snapped at me a bit, maybe for fear it was the older boy. I'm not to sure what to do in this situation. My older dog loves puppies and has never snapped or growled at them. He didn't even growl when my collie pup snapped. My Brother also just got a Collie puppy (a boy) last week. The puppy took to my older dog straight away and can't get enough playtime with him. The puppies haven't met yet and won't be until my girl gets her last vaccine. I'm worried she may not take to my brothers pup either. Any advice given will be much appreciated. Is this a bad sign in a puppy to snap at older dogs?
She loves people and kids even more. The breeders little girl mostly raised the puppies so there's no issues there. Only with her not taking to my older dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.