Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like I'm going to be the new Webmaster for our local Kennel Club here. It's going to be a huge job, but the site needs an overhaul desperately, lol. So I've been given the green light to go ahead and start working on a new site for the Club. It might take me a couple months, but I'm excited about it. I'll be keeping the current site up-to-date until the time I have the new site complete, then will upload the new site. And it's all volunteer of course. Will be taking some ideas from other club members as well. I was also asked if I wanted to be the Newsletter Editor, but I don't think I'm up to that one yet, lol. I think designing a new site will take quite a bit of time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be using Adobe GoLive CS to initially do the site, but do a lot of the HTML by hand. Programs like GoLive is pretty good about adding extra code that's not needed, and I go back in and clean up the HTML by hand, so it runs faster. The reason I like GoLive is because it doesn't put in a lot of garbage code like Frontpage does. I've also done sites completely by hand as well, but I think with a site the size that they want, I want it in GoLive so I can keep track of all the links and structure, and can then clean it up by hand afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts