Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 8 month old female boxer that all she really wants to do is sleep. She plays for a little bit, but I think she would rather be inside sleeping.

I just lost my last boxer of 5 years to an aneurysm and I am trying not to compare the two dogs. But my last boxer just wanted to play all the time, even when she was a puppy. So I am not sure if she was normal fo wanting to play all the time, or is my new one acting more like a normal puppy. She was just to the vet as soon as I got her and everything was fine. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Boxer usually have a lot of energy, so I would be headed back to the vet. My Bella is 9 months old, and she would rather be playing.

Is she eating good?

·
Registered
442 Posts
How long have you had her?

Most dogs go through a "honeymoon phase" in their new home which can last anywhere from 2 weeks - 2 months. They're basically on their best behavior trying to figure everything out. Plus, a new place with new people and new rules can be overwhelming for a dog. So all they want to do is sleep.

My advice is to enjoy this while you can. We recently adopted a possible Boxer mix. We thought that she was just the most laid-back, quiet thing. Until about 2 days ago. Now, it's Katie-bar-the-door! :D I'm pretty sure that she has Boxer heritage because she's an utter and complete goofball who wants to play, play, play. And she's TWO!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bella was the name of my last Boxer. I have put her on Eukenuba puppy food and she has started to gain some weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts