Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gf and i have a jack russel, beagel mix. (i think) and i was wondering how i can get her to use the bathroom out on the balcony. we havnt moved in yet. where shes at now she has a backyard with free roam of inside and out. what i was thinking was a sliding glass doggie door w/a home built box with grass in it outside on the balcony. but if there is somthing that would cost less and not so much effert i would appreciate it.. thanx..

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
To be honest? Most of the dogs I know of that mix are pretty high-energy little guys. Getting out and using her nose on walks three or four times a day is going to be a necessity, anyway, so why not just use the regular grass?

·
Registered
861 Posts
sorry i can't offer much advice on that topic other than to echo dogstar's advice, but I would recommend you check your apartments pet rules and regulations, because every apartment I've ever lived in/looked at has a very strict no tolerance policy about pets using the balcony/patio areas for a pet potty area. The one I'm in now if they catch you, they give you a warning, then they toss you out on your butt.

just make sure you know your community by-laws on the subject.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts