Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new here, yada yada gonna wrap this up in one post.

So, please a question where I am not sure the category.

Heres the scoop: I live in an apartment complex with a valet trash program. A weird neighbor woman moved across from me that has a dog, like a mix of different dogs. Anyways, I walked out to walk my dog tonight at 12 am unusual for me, but he had to go potty. I caught her red handed with her dog peeing on my trash can just outside my door. I wondered for a while now why a dark spot was 'forming' under the trash can. Shocked we went to potty and came back in.

Now. What should I do? Are there laws pertaining to this? This is in a breezeway where the dog is doing this so rain can't wash anything away. Is there a humane way I can out something on the trashcan to scare away the dog?

Help is appreciated. I'm pretty sure this particular neighbor has decided they dislike me, why... I have no idea as I was always polite. But I am looking for products that might deter this dog. It's essentially peeing on my front porch and I don't even have a mat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would 'confront' in as friendly a tone as possible - tell her what you witnessed and that you do not appreciate the smell or the factyoure walking around in dog urine. if they do not understand this, there is something very wrong withthem and they are not 'responsible' dog owners, then feel free to report to management!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I agree with londontami. But make sure you are very polite about it. Oftentimes people who do strange things like that are used to being judged harshly and turn defensive way too easily. But sometimes, you do need to alert proper authorities.

In the meantime, perhaps you can build a chicken wire fence around the can? My dogs won't mark surfaces that don't appear to be solid and if that dog is picky, he may stop. A 6"-12" radius would probably work. Also clean the area as best as you can with Nature's Miracle or another enzyme product for dog urine. They usually pee only where they smell their urine. If the dog isn't determined, he may stop peeing there because now, it has no smell and he has to deal with an obstacle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts