Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

5361 - 5373 of 5373 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Thank you! I don’t think I would have made it through this last year without her and the agility people. She’s incredible and shortly after I got her my whole life fell apart. But at least I had a puppy.

I miss the forums! All the baby dogs look so good and grown up. ❤

·
Registered
17,891 Posts

I am learning to stay out of her way - mostly - super in her way from 7 to 8, which messed up 8 to 9 and caused her to miss 9 - but HOLY CRAP I AM LEARNING.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I have been interested in NADAC for a while. Unfortunately the only trial near me is on Vancouver Island which is an expensive Ferry trip away. The courses I have seen on the Internet look very interesting and quite a change from AAC which is what I compete in now. I have the NADAC website and may look into it farther. I noticed they give senior handlers a bit of a break and as I am 80 this month, maybe it would help me. I moved my dog into Veterans in AAC, not because she needed the lower jumps and more time, but because I do.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I have been interested in NADAC for a while. Unfortunately the only trial near me is on Vancouver Island which is an expensive Ferry trip away. The courses I have seen on the Internet look very interesting and quite a change from AAC which is what I compete in now. I have the NADAC website and may look into it farther. I noticed they give senior handlers a bit of a break and as I am 80 this month, maybe it would help me. I moved my dog into Veterans in AAC, not because she needed the lower jumps and more time, but because I do.
They are super good about giving older handlers - and dogs - more time and also listening people.

There IS an option for 'Video Runs' - bunch of info on the website under train and play - if you have equipment and space. I really, really enjoy the organization and most of the courses. Every once in a while there's a trend that breaks my brain, but mostly they're just fun challenges.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Bonnie, my Golden/Poodle cross earned her first Q last weekend in Starter Gamblers. She had missed the day before by.06 seconds. Lucy got a Q in Masters Gamblers also. Have another trial this weekend and the next, have mostly entered Gambler Classes because they are fun and a couple of Jumper Classes both weekends. At least in Gamblers, you set your own course so you make enough points so only have to remember the closing, while the other Master courses are usually a lot harder to follow.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts

She's hitting her stride.

ETA: Just got notification from NADAC - She got her elite jumpers title this weekend.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
1I60k3wF0CSNT6fAB80N3o.jpg

Oh and baby dog got his open regular title. Given his age and the length of the more elite courses versus his attention span, I'm probably going to let him sit in Open, or even drop back to Novice for a while. Get some extended titles and keep things relatively short and fun, while we work on skills training in a more focused way, give him some lessons, etc.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Haven't been here since March....Raya is doing fantastic, just got her AKC Master Jumpers title this past weekend. She is testing her start line stay though or lack thereof, she broke every one this past weekend. However we haven't been training since the beginning of July so are starting to work on that now. I also entered her in her first Masters/Excellent FAST and she Q'd. Here is her Master Jumpers run from this last weekend.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My Belle had been on injured reserve since the end of June after ripping one of her front nails completely out of her foot. Ouch! I put her in just T2B this past weekend. She needed one more leg for her title. She hadn't been running very well at all lately so I just did a running start and didn't think she would start as quickly as she did. She blew me away and ran so well and happy. Here is her run...

I hope you all are having agility fun and success. I just love my agility weekends where I can escape from reality....lol

·
Registered
17,891 Posts

So. Yeah.

That's her fastest run to date.

And I am proud of that little mutt.

5361 - 5373 of 5373 Posts