Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

5341 - 5360 of 5378 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
We had a pretty good agility weekend! Ralphie earned both his AJP and OAP.

This is the run that got the last Q for his AJP.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
And this is his first Excellent Standard run. He had run very nice Open Standard course in which he Qd and earned the OAP. That one didn't get recorded. He, unfortunately, did not repeat it on this day! I'm not really sure quite what happened when he came off the A frame, but that got a refusal. He never sniffs the sandbags! I knew we lost the Q, so I decided to work on some distance things that I've been working on in practice but have not had the guts to try in a trial. My goal was to push him all the way to that red jump without running up so far to it, which he did not take. Then I tried to do a blind on the double but I just wasn't quick enough, lol. Then he started sassing me and decided he shouldn't listen to me anymore. He was probably right! Note to self, once the Q is lost just run and don't worry about the mistakes so much, otherwise the dog gets mad!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
We did 9 hours of seminar today and this is the most boring agility brag video you will ever see, but I am stupid proud so.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts

This dog weaving cracks me the hell up.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
In other news, Kiran got his first Open Regular Q, as well as his Novice Touch and Go title. Kylie got her Novice Superior Chances (she's actually in elite, but we dropped back to get some achievement cups - which are the Championship points in Regular and Jumpers, which she already has, plus novice chances points (13 = Silver Achievement Cup), open (13 = Golden achievement cup) and then back on the NATCh train (Elite). We'll see how far we go, but given that she's regularly running at right around 5 YPS, we've got some time :p (She's ELEVEN INCHES TALL. 5 YPS is fast)

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Heh. Kiran not only continues to do well in Open Regular, but this weekend got awarded a club based prize for highest score in Regular (it's a memorial prize for dogs that originally inspired the creation of the club).

Wild.

Especially since he spent about half of those run with his nose on the ground since I had to peel him off licking and chattering a spot a female had peed just outside the ring to do the run.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
In other news, Kiran got his first Open Regular Q, as well as his Novice Touch and Go title. Kylie got her Novice Superior Chances (she's actually in elite, but we dropped back to get some achievement cups - which are the Championship points in Regular and Jumpers, which she already has, plus novice chances points (13 = Silver Achievement Cup), open (13 = Golden achievement cup) and then back on the NATCh train (Elite). We'll see how far we go, but given that she's regularly running at right around 5 YPS, we've got some time :p (She's ELEVEN INCHES TALL. 5 YPS is fast)
Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Looks and sounds like Kiran's agility career is really coming along. Definitely an interesting weave style.. LOL.

Me and Kai have really started to hit our stride, I think. She is doing so good that I'm starting to "trust her" in trials the same way I would in class. AKA, we CAN send into the weaves and go. I don't have to babysit.
At my seminar I was told I wait around on her too much, and that actually slows her down. Oddly enough, I was waiting around because she was being so "slow". Well, duh me. I speed up, she speeds up. Send and go. She's a seasoned dog who understands my cues.. time to start acting like it. I love our teamwork. <3

We have some more trials coming up before I take a small break then do some AKC. CPE is fun, but I like the shorter days of AKC.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Ok, Raya had her sixth trial this past weekend. (5th two day trial, 1 was a one day trial). She got her AKC Excellent Jumpers title, she is now in Masters! She totally blew away my expectations of her. She literally had one two day trial where she tested the waters and was a novice dog that did what she wanted. She is coming along great! We got two legs in Open Standard and should have had that title too except at our previous trial I forgot that I was in Open vs Masters and didn't fix it when she went into a wrong end of the tunnel. Ugh! We had two runs in T2B and both times, she took an off course tunnel....going to have to watch out for that one now, I seem to have a tunnel sucker.

Here is one of her Open Standard runs from this weekend...

and her ribbons from the weekend..
20190324_160935a8c by rzyg, on Flickr

Sadly Belle is having issues. I am going to be taking her to a chiropractor, I feel something is up and she has some discomfort somewhere. I find it hard she suddenly doesn't want to do this even though she seemed to always be having fun. She was refusing a lot of stuff and pretty much walked through the weaves. So I am going to make sure something isn't physically wrong before I stop doing agility with her.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
One legged, vs two? I've seen dogs do it both ways.
Yeah, it's basically single stepping but because he only BARELY has enough leg to pull it off he's less pushing off than he is skipping - and he can't quite keep his head as low as he would if he were double-stepping/bouncing through. I'm cool with whatever but it looks really silly on him :p

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Looks and sounds like Kiran's agility career is really coming along. Definitely an interesting weave style.. LOL.

Me and Kai have really started to hit our stride, I think. She is doing so good that I'm starting to "trust her" in trials the same way I would in class. AKA, we CAN send into the weaves and go. I don't have to babysit.
At my seminar I was told I wait around on her too much, and that actually slows her down. Oddly enough, I was waiting around because she was being so "slow". Well, duh me. I speed up, she speeds up. Send and go. She's a seasoned dog who understands my cues.. time to start acting like it. I love our teamwork. <3

We have some more trials coming up before I take a small break then do some AKC. CPE is fun, but I like the shorter days of AKC.
He is coming along. We (all 3 of us) have 2 trials next month and then I'm going to basically slow my roll with advancing him for a while. NADAC allows you to stay in lower levels and get extended levels, so I'll likely do that. He hasn't even turned 2 yet and while he's doing fine where he is, I feel like he'd benefit from gaining at least a little more experience with simpler/shorter courses before I throw him into the more complicated ones.

And Molly, like Kai, is finally starting to come together with me as a team and holy crap it's nice so most of my actual focus is there right now.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
At our first trial for this year, Lucy qualified in her first Masters Standard. Still did not get my last Advanced Jumpers to move us into Masters in everything but will get there yet. Have another trial on the 20th of April at the same indoor place that we go to two or three times a year. All the rest of our trials are outdoors and we camp at them.

Haven't had Bonnie at any trials this year yet as we go to a Motel at the indoor trials. Hopefully it has given her enough time to get over being attacked at her second trial. Have been working on her all winter and she loves Agility. She is my Golden x Poodle.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts

Molly really is hitting her stride.

It's still either total disaster or poetry in motion, but we're getting poetry more than dumpster fire more often.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts

We messed up the easy parts of this course but HOLY CRAP DISTANCE.

Whole course that went right.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Fable and I did our first trials and they went really well. Did intro nadac and all Novice fast and jumpers. I think got 7 Qs in nadac and went 3 for 3 in akc! She’s going to be a lot of fun. She’s so easy it’s so nice. 😂

Hank is being Hank hahaha. He’s enjoying running in the masters level class without dealing with trialing stress. Had a bit of a hiccup with his cancer diagnosis and treatment but getting back to it slowly. I need to video him someday soon.

Fable’s akc debut:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JBLG6sBgmlI

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
You guys look so great Laurelin! Congrats! I know you've been waiting a long time for your agility BC and I'm so happy for you!

·
Registered
17,896 Posts

Hey, look. Baby Dog pretends to have independence.

5341 - 5360 of 5378 Posts