Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

5321 - 5340 of 5378 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Nice run! How did you get it to embed like that in this thread? I tried several ways and it just wouldn't.
Thank you!

I clicked the little icon on the top of the text box that looks like film (between the quote icon and the photo icon) and then just copy and pasted the YouTube link in there.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts

Look who's discovering obstacle focus is a thing (and confidence and isn't just staring directly into my face while trotting beside me).

He only had 2 runs today - Qed in 1, near miss in the other. Kylie had a good day, too. Tomorrow we'll see what the day brings.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Kylie, meanwhile....

jumpers.jpg

regular.jpg

tng.jpg

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Very pretty runs guys! Love seeing them.

We had 7/10 Q's this weekend in CPE. Would have easily been 8 but I was having end of the day brain fog and put our run literally a second behind before the buzzer rang (It was a Jackpot game). We had some really nice put together runs and honestly couldn't be happier. I'm hoping that we get even more steady this year as I continue to enter all the trials on our hopeful Journey to Nationals. We need 48 Q's total to Qualify. It's gonna be fun!

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Our weekend total was 5/8 for Kylie (in her defense, 1 of those runs she had 'yay agility morning' zoomies and the first obstacles was weaves so I just left with her for a bit LOL, and 1 of the others I let something go that I could have fixed. the 3rd NQ was just stupidity from me) and 4/5 for Kiran. NEITHER of them missed any Qs today, though.

Kiran got 2 titles and is dangerously close to finished with novice (except chances, we haven't done that yet). ...He's under 2. We might slow our roll a little and sit in novice in some of these classes while he gains some more experience.

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Very pretty runs guys! Love seeing them.

We had 7/10 Q's this weekend in CPE. Would have easily been 8 but I was having end of the day brain fog and put our run literally a second behind before the buzzer rang (It was a Jackpot game). We had some really nice put together runs and honestly couldn't be happier. I'm hoping that we get even more steady this year as I continue to enter all the trials on our hopeful Journey to Nationals. We need 48 Q's total to Qualify. It's gonna be fun!
ALL THE TRIALS. Collecting Qs to qualify for things is so super fun. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it - as well as all the Qs themselves!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
ALL THE TRIALS. Collecting Qs to qualify for things is so super fun. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it - as well as all the Qs themselves!
It was super fun! We have trials galore around here so I have about 1 trial per month and 10 possible Q's a weekend. I'm not too worried about those odds, especially after how well we did today. But yes. I am PUMPED. 41 Q's to go!

·
Registered
17,895 Posts

This weekend's video. That last Kylie run was 4.9 YPS o_O

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Nice runs! I love the part in the one whgen Kylie pulled out of the weaves and started barking at you!! Almost to the end too....dang it. She was really running in that one though!
I have... an entire collection of trial photos of her barking or howling at me on course. It's pretty much *going* to happen at least once a weekend :p THE WEAVES ARE THE WORST PLACE EVER FOR IT, LOL, but at least in NADAC it doesn't automatically scrap the Q. Still makes me laugh. Would drive me crazy with another dog but with her it's just hysterical.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Kai had a nice 9/10 Q weekend in CPE. Moved up to level 5 in a couple things. She did so well for me and our trials just keep getting better. I hate full weekends because it's completely draining though. Why do I already want the next one to be here? So much fun!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have... an entire collection of trial photos of her barking or howling at me on course. It's pretty much *going* to happen at least once a weekend :p THE WEAVES ARE THE WORST PLACE EVER FOR IT, LOL, but at least in NADAC it doesn't automatically scrap the Q. Still makes me laugh. Would drive me crazy with another dog but with her it's just hysterical.
Oh wow, that is nice that it doesn't scrap the Q! Belle does stuff like that in class, barking at me if I confuse her for some reason but she stresses at trials so rarely does the barking happen. It has happened though in trials maybe a few times.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Kai had a nice 9/10 Q weekend in CPE. Moved up to level 5 in a couple things. She did so well for me and our trials just keep getting better. I hate full weekends because it's completely draining though. Why do I already want the next one to be here? So much fun!
Congrats! We had a trial weekend also and I had two dogs in three runs each day so 12 runs for me for the weekend. I was exhausted! But yeah....I want the next one here already too!!

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Congrats! We had a trial weekend also and I had two dogs in three runs each day so 12 runs for me for the weekend. I was exhausted! But yeah....I want the next one here already too!!
...I do an average of 24 runs a weekend now, with 3 dogs and NADAC being NADAC. I COULD do up to 36, but I don't hate myself.

(And on trials that are 3 days, theoretically I could do 54.... But uh. A-) Budget and B-) I don't hate myself)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
...I do an average of 24 runs a weekend now, with 3 dogs and NADAC being NADAC. I COULD do up to 36, but I don't hate myself.

(And on trials that are 3 days, theoretically I could do 54.... But uh. A-) Budget and B-) I don't hate myself)
OMG!!! I love that I am getting more exercise with the six runs a day but it did really poop me out this last weekend. Of course it is winter here and we are buried under a lot of snow and haven't been walking like usual so we are all out of shape at the moment. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it, lol.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

Oh my god, lol. I do about 4 runs a weekend (usually two days, two runs per day) with one dog and I'm pooped!

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
Oh my god, lol. I do about 4 runs a weekend (usually two days, two runs per day) with one dog and I'm pooped!
In absolute fairness, the RUNNING isn't most of what's so exhausting about trials :p THe day's the same length either way. You run or you wait and you have a lot of socialization and some level of pressure either way. I get WAY more brain tired than body tired - kinda like my dogs :p

5321 - 5340 of 5378 Posts