Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after much consideration we decided to add a new member to the family! I'm very, very excited to introduce Brody. He's about 2 years old and a pit bull mix. We rescued him from our local humane society after I fell in love with him at my work. (We get dogs from the shelter in for their rabies vaccines).

He and Bridgette are acting as if they were destined to be together. Their first meeting was absolutely awesome and they have been playing non-stop since he came home. We're still working with the cats and will continue to be. He's interested in them but not acting aggressive. His attention is drawn away as soon as I call to him or have a treat so that's a great sign. I'll be working hard to ensure he ignores them as Bridgette does. (They aren't very happy about it naturally)

And without further ado...

Brody

We just became best friends!

What is this confounded thing on my neck?? (which has now been switched to a regular collar...he actually seems better on a leash than Bridgette haha!)

Oh and if anyone can link me to any good info on here about introducing cats and dogs that'd be great as I can't find the good thread I remember reading...

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Congratulations!!! Brody is adorable. :D

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
What a goof! He's got such a puppy face - I love it.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Awe what a handsome boy. :) He looks so cute while he is trying to get the collar off. He is winking his eye. ;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Love the pictures, especially the one of him with Bridgette. He looks like a great dog.

Congrats on the new addition, and thanks for rescuing!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone!

I can't even begin to tell you what an awesome dog he is! He's already made awesome progress with sit, out (of the kitchen), and no. He's not had a single accident and has peed outside every time he's gone out. I decided to go ahead and see how he slept in his new bed in my room and he slept the whole night through with no chewing or accidents! I am thoroughly impressed!

He obviously needs training, but he is clearly a very fast learner. We went on our first walk this morning and the two dogs did famously together.

Most excitedly, Bridgette went to react to a person walking their two dogs on the trail, but she watched Brody walking calmly by and she calmed right down. I had sort of hoped that with training the new dog would have this effect...didn't expect to see it so soon though!!

We'll probably be calling our trainer to work on the cats and him. That is the one and only drawback so far. I still can be sure if he just wants to play or is acting aggressively, but I do not plan to find out! We're going to work on 'leave it' and 'come' before they have too many on-leash interactions with him.

But seriously so long as we work out the cat issue...he's an all-star dog!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts