Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I (And our two wonderful cats) recently adopted a puppy from the animal control. I was alerted to them being picked up near by and figured why not try and help out and save a life, because these guys have VERY limited space.

Any ways, here are some pictures of the little guy, we are calling him Otto. I have NO idea what breed he is, neither does the vet... go figure. Any help would be appreciated

From when we got him about two weeks ago, to now. I dont even know how old he is but he seems a bit small?

The same day, compared to our cat >.<

A few days later in his crate

And taken just today while he was eating (Aug / 7 )

I appreciate any identification help you can provide! thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
His face/ears remind me of a beagle. So possibly Beagle/something/something. He could be small because he is going to be a smaller dog when he grows up.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I am going to guess Beagle/Terrier mix ... because something in the shape of his head, muzzle, and eyes says that to me. :) He sure is a cute little guy!

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Do you think there is any chance he is just very young and will end up being a decent sized dog?
That is difficult to say with mixes. :) Abbylynn my Dobie/Rott mix was only around 30 pounds at 5 months old when I adopted her. I thought she was going to be small for her mix ... maybe top out at 45-50 pounds ..as she looked very small. I was incorrect ... as she is now 65 pounds. :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, good point. We shall see i guess. I dont know why i care, as he is a rescue but ive always wanted a decent sized dog :(. His siblings where all yellow ish, like a lab or golden retriever but he had the shepherd like colors so i thought for sure lab / shepherd. He was clearly mall nourished, so perhaps he just hasn't hit his growth spurt? :D

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
he could have a bunch of different breed in his so he could be a beagle/lab/shepherd/ something/something. It is kind of hard to tell when they are young. My dog Mae was a bigger puppy but only topped out at 25lb's. So with mix breeds it is a toss up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When he lays on his back his ears stand up and i swear i can see shepherd in him! lol Wishfull thinking more than likely. His tail is strange though, it has the brown strip up the back of it and it curls up a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts