Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember being at the hospital 2 times for me in the nearly 15 years I've been alive. Chicken pox vaccine and the tetnus vaccine.
There were some times I should have gone in. For example, I think I had a hairline fracture on my left wrist one time but nobody belived me, so we didn't do anything about it.

A few years ago I was out jogging with Kola and she went infront of me, I tripped and fell on my knee. It got all bruised and swollen but I could handle it. The next day in PE we were jogging and a kid came up around me to fast and they bumped me and I fell on that knee agian.
It's been getting worse. I walk with a limp all the time now and my knee locks up from time to time causing me to stumble. We had to jog for 2 minutes yesterday in PE, I fell once and tripped another time. My leg never hurts though, it's just...gimpy.
Tomorrow at three I have a doctors appointment to figure out whats up my gimpy leg. I'm getting nervous about what it might be. :(

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sounds like you are headed for a video arthroscopy at the least. (After all the pre-surg radiologicals of course.) God bless ortho nurses. Give me a sick kid any day over a knee or hip surgery.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the doctor that we went to had me walk alittle and run, just some small tests.
He figured something is wrong with one of my nerves so we are getting a form in the mail and in a few months I'll be visiting a neurologist. Lets not think about that though, lets think about puppies. :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hope things get better for you, hopefully you caught whatever was wrong with your knee before it got really bad!

Keep thinking about puppies.;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ugh, knee problems stink. I struggled with on again off again pain and stiffness for about two years. My knee would start killing and I wouldn't be able to bend it at all. One day in at work (I work at a kennel so I'm on my feet the whole shift) it locked up again, only not only was it stiff and painful, I had a golfball size lump show up on the side of my knee.

It turns out I had a cyst. I had an MRI done and it showed that the cyst wasn't just on my knee, it was in my knee. Intertwined among everything. Really, really gross. I had surgery on it the week before school started. It was a microscopic surgery so I only have two tiny incisions on my knee that probably won't even scar.

I'm very happy that I got it looked at and fixed. I didn't like the frequent hospital visits and the surgery aftermath was a nightmare (I woke up from the anestetic too soon), but that brief unpleasent time was nothing compared to not being able to heavily exercise and the worry that just walking would cause my knee to flare up.

Anyways, hope everything turns out okay for you! And yes, puppies are always good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts