Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of starting to go back to dog shows to prepare for my first show dog.

I feel like a need to have a million dogs or my life wont be fulfilled haha.
I see a lot at agility and the like. But there a lot of different breeds at shows and I get all crazy and think I NEED THAT DOG. lol

I know I dont, and I never would. But it still scares the crap outta my husband haha.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Yeah, and here's a depressing thought--if you take good care of your dogs, you aren't the kind of person who ditches their pets whenever they get bored, and you only have one dog at a time, you'll only have 6 or 7 dogs in your lifetime. IF you had a dog when you were a kid. That's not enough!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! That is the depressing part. It is also sad, thinking of Indie being gone and having another. I might get up to 3 dogs at once, but not in the near future. when I see them I want them NOW! lol. *stomps foot like child*

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Yeah, and here's a depressing thought--if you take good care of your dogs, you aren't the kind of person who ditches their pets whenever they get bored, and you only have one dog at a time, you'll only have 6 or 7 dogs in your lifetime. IF you had a dog when you were a kid. That's not enough!
I have totally thought about this and I DO find it depressing! Especially since I don't ever intend to have more than 3 at a time...most likely not more than two, but I guess it depends on the individual dogs and where my life goes. I also think about Sydney growing older all the time and it makes even all the stuff I do with her feel like not enough...like I want to pack a human lifespan's worth of experiences into her short lifespan. I wish I was better about staying in the present. Sure would be easier if we didn't care, right?

·
Registered
123 Posts
On a different dog forum, someone had a quote on their page that said "Getting old means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted." I think about it a lot, mainly because of how true it is.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Unless you foster.
Lack of dog problems solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts