Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, if a testicle doesn't drop, what are the chances of problems down the road? Can it cause a tumor or any other problem? I plan on getting Sonny neutered next month when he gets his final shots.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Otis ended up having one that didn't drop and I didn't know until after his Neuter, so he had a Cryptic Neuter where they had to go in the abdomen and get it out. But from what I understand there is a higher risk of Testicular Cancer if one or both doesn't drop.
And a lot of people told me he'd have longer healing time after his neuter, but really he did great and was up and trying to run around in a few days. Otis was getting neutered anyway, I just wish I'da known beforehand that he didn't have one that dropped--and I am still wondering what those TWO things were that were hanging back there :rolleyes: :p

Good Luck and let us know when this boy's "big day" is

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Both of my guys were cryptorchid. It definitely increases the chance of testicular cancer, although I don't know by how much.

In both of my dogs the vet was able to avoid an abdominal incision. After the dogs were under anesthesia and relaxed the vet was able to massage the testicle down so he could reach it through the usual incision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts