Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, i just had my dog Maxx neutered and was wondering about something.
Every now and then where his incision is up the shaft, he gets two hard knots, like
marbles, one on each side. Is this normal after being neutered? Also the vet didn't
give me instructions on how to care for him. Like put cone around his neck to prevent
him from licking or biting. Can someone advise if this is normal.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome to DF.
If your dog does not have any redness/swelling or sign of infection at the incision you will probably be OK. If dog is chewing on the incision then you need a cone. As for the knots this sounds normal for male dogs unless painful. In this case consult you Vet.
If no instructions for after care , then , You may want to ask your Vet about this... I would try to keep the area clean and dry.
How long exactly has it been since surgery? Do you have pain meds for dog? Is dog active ,eating and drinking?

oldhounddog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, he does lick a lot. very active, how long do i try to keep him down, or do I just let him do as normal. eats and drinks plenty. has
pain meds. other than that problem he is good to go

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
If they come and go, they are probably his bulbourethral glands. It's normal for male dogs, period. You might just be noticing it more because you're trying to keep an eye on his incision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts