Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am so nervous about going to dog school tomorrow for the very first time. not have i never been to dog school myself but also my young dog is soooo scared of people. hope itis going to be ok, since she likes dogs.
im going to do a basic obedience class.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes lol. wish me luck :)
my young dog is such a puppy *lol* i hope she is ok with all the people there.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
A good trainer will help you socialize your pup so that she will be Ok with people. If the trainer doesn't help, then before and after class, you can ask the other owners to come feed your pup a treat, gently and one at a time..... I don't think that you'll have any problem with the request...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do that. I hope the other dogs distract her enough so she is more focused on the dogs than the people ;)

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Snowball is leash reactive AND he's an eskie... which means he likes the sound of his own bark A LOT. I was SO embarrassed the first day of class; he would not stop barking but the trainer was very good and gave us tips to help curb the noise. We walked in on the second day of class and he didn't bark at any of the other dogs! At least not until someone came to use the station beside us, haha.

The imporant thing to remember is that you're all there to train your dogs and to help them become good canine citizens. So even if your dog isn't very well behaved, chances are there are others that aren't either. Just make sure you take training treats that he will absolutely love, and has a strong(er) smell. Hot dogs and cheese work great.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your advice :) thats why i do the class. I want her to get comfortable with people around ans get some good tips.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i just got back from our first day at school. Was waaaay different than i thought. My dig was super calm and relaxed :-/ when we ha to wait she just laid down. She was not scared at all. I thought i got the weong dog *lol* im really proud of my baby :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts