Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neko is here from Iowa, settling in good, only had a few squabbles with one of the girls.going to evaluate his hunt drive today, prey drive is awesome!
He is going to needs alot of work, has people aggression, extrmely toy possessive (good in a way) and has major crate issues.

He really has minimum obedience training, was started on bite work and not taught the out. His fight is unbelievable. He came muzzled with a prong collar, already switched him to a flat collar with no trouble, but he seriously flinches and snaps when you touch his neck.
I worked with him last night loading in the crate, he will stiffen and bite, absolutely hates it. Also openening the door to get him out, he attacks the door.
So he wont be a SAR prospect unless he has a major change in temperament, but we will introduce narcotics today. I'll get pictures at training, hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Neko is here from Iowa, settling in good, only had a few squabbles with one of the girls.going to evaluate his hunt drive today, prey drive is awesome!
He is going to needs alot of work, has people aggression, extrmely toy possessive (good in a way) and has major crate issues.

He really has minimum obedience training, was started on bite work and not taught the out. His fight is unbelievable. He came muzzled with a prong collar, already switched him to a flat collar with no trouble, but he seriously flinches and snaps when you touch his neck.
I worked with him last night loading in the crate, he will stiffen and bite, absolutely hates it. Also openening the door to get him out, he attacks the door.
So he wont be a SAR prospect unless he has a major change in temperament, but we will introduce narcotics today. I'll get pictures at training, hopefully.
Just curious, why is toy possession good in a way?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The more toy possessive, the harder they work to get the toy. It's a behavior you like to see for detection work. Now I have to teach him to out the toys rather than 'typewriter ' up til he gets yours hand.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The more toy possessive, the harder they work to get the toy. It's a behavior you like to see for detection work. Now I have to teach him to out the toys rather than 'typewriter ' up til he gets yours hand.
I see - thanks. He's a handsome dog! Good luck with his training - he sounds like a tough one.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Well if he trains out and works half as good as he looks you got a working rascal on your hands. Don't like the neck flinches sounds like some poor upbringing. It's nice when you can start your own pup before the neck flinching etc starts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
He's beautiful! Good luck with his training. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts