Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida so I am not sure if there are laws against your neighbor having an annoying dog but....

My neighbor has a Yellow Lab that barks all the time. He barks when his owner is there, he barks when he is not, he barks in the rain, he barks in the sun, he barks in the day, night, morning...ALL THE TIME!

What are my options? Obviously the neighbor doesn't care because he never spends time with the dog or checks on it when it barks. I pray every morning I find his gate open and the dog has escaped. It does not appear to be a very old dog so my chances of it kicking the bucket soon are out the window.

Suggestions on a remedy other than moving?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
they sell a product that looks liek a small bird house that you can put up in you yard, and every time a dog barks within a certain distance it'll make an ultrasonic tone that disturbs the dog.

My aunt and Uncle got one and they haven't heard a peep out of their neighbors dogs since then.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I didn't really like most of this post, but your options are calling/knocking on the door and asking what's up. If it continues, call the cops. They can cite for noise violation.

Can't fault a dog for barking when it's bored, alone, and not trained otherwise.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Our town has an ordinance; no dogs can bark in their yards in an excess of ten (10) minutes.

You can then call the police and they will attend to the problem.:D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
There is a barking dog ordinance here. Look on your city's website and see if they have one. There should be a number listed that you can call at any hour of the day. I've got mine written down for my next door neighbor. <_<

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'd get the other neighbors to help call the owner every 10 min all night long if it's barking. Also call the police.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Call Animal Control and complain.

I live in FL, but, every city has it's own ordinance. Time of day doesn't matter when a dog barks - ask AC to mail you info regarding dogs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts