Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new neighbor right next door, literally, who has threatend death to my dog and has walked to my dog with a can of pepper spray. To say that I'm angry and upset, what would you suggest. Police is out of the question as they don't respond to this.

·
Registered
410 Posts
well you can go two ways with this you can either talk to your neighbour find out what the problem is and work together to try to solve it.

Or you escalate you get into a argument a fight, take the neighbour to court or worse.

We cannot simply wave a magic wand and change your neighbours attitude, you need to get to know your neighbour and find out what the problem is .

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a new neighbor right next door, literally, who has threatend death to my dog and has walked to my dog with a can of pepper spray. To say that I'm angry and upset, what would you suggest. Police is out of the question as they don't respond to this.
I'm not surprised you're angry and upset. I would be too. I'd also be afraid for my dog's safety.

Given such a strong emotional response on behalf of the neighbour, I'd be wanting an explanation, I think. Why does he feel so strongly towards your dog? Do you let the dog in the garden and leave him to bark excessively, for example? Does the neighbour have cats/chickens/rabbits etc? If so, does your dog chase them/worry them? If you don't know why, it could be a case of mistaken identity, but you'll only know that if you speak to your neighbour.

I'm not victim blaming here, so I'm sorry if it comes across that I am, but if you know why your neighbour feels so strongly against your dog, then you can take remedial action.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts

Not much information here....

Where was your dog when the neighbor approached it? Your yard? Their yard? was the dog properly restrained? Supervised?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not surprised you're angry and upset. I would be too. I'd also be afraid for my dog's safety.

Given such a strong emotional response on behalf of the neighbour, I'd be wanting an explanation, I think. Why does he feel so strongly towards your dog? Do you let the dog in the garden and leave him to bark excessively, for example? Does the neighbour have cats/chickens/rabbits etc? If so, does your dog chase them/worry them? If you don't know why, it could be a case of mistaken identity, but you'll only know that if you speak to your neighbour.

I'm not victim blaming here, so I'm sorry if it comes across that I am, but if you know why your neighbour feels so strongly against your dog, then you can take remedial action.
When I say "right next door" I mean exactly that in an apartment complex. My dog barks (alerts me) that someone is coming up the steps or at the door because I have a hearing problem. My neighbor was told this but chose to try to kill my dog as a solution to her insanity. She's attacked me also. She's attacked another neighbor with a sharp instrument. Landlord doesn't seem to care. Police came, and just took a report. Dog has lived here ten years. Neighbor only four months.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
wow. You seem to be dealing with someone who has mental health issues. All you can do is continue to contact the Police and file reports and maybe build a case for harassment. It may lead to a restraining order. Seek legal advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts