Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am cross posting my post that I posted on another board to see if I could get some advice here. Maybe from some terrier people? I know I am new, but, I dont really know what to do. I figued Id post this here instead of dog related, cause it has more to do with my neighbors and their cats than my dog really.

Not surprisingly, Buddy doesnt like cats. (JRT/Rat Terrier mix) In fact, unless they were/are brought in by myself or DH, he wont accept them. Even then he only really ever accepted Suki, and that was because we rescued her at around 5 weeks old and he for some unknown reason, mothered her in a, uh, fatherly way, lol.

neways, other than that. He just doesnt like cats and ive given up on him actually liking cats. We work really hard to control him, make him mind his manners, etc etc etc. But when it came down to it, Buddy WILL go after a cat and, well, lets just say, it wouldnt end pretty for the cat. So we control and contain and work work work to make sure nothing happens.

Now, the neighbors.

I live in a duplex. There are quite a few units and we have an office where we pay rent/report things/etc etc *fun* so far the new neighbors have been OK. Not noisey or crazy like some of my last ones. However, they have two cats.

1) we are only allowed to have one animal (not counting caged/aquar. animals) that has to be 15lbs or under. A deposit is required for said animal and you get a sticker and tag and all that good stuff so maint. people know there is an animal inside incase they have to come in for emergency

2) all animals must be leashed when not in/on/around your unit.

Well, she, has two cats and lets them run loose. Again not surprisingly as thats the *norm* around here. The cats, im guessing dont like to be outside. They will go to her door, or OURS and meow like crazy wanting inside. Since they dont like being outside, they will run INSIDE first change they get.

They dont seem to care which door it is either!

The first time, her little yellow one came running in when the kids went out to catch the bus. None of us were expected a cat to come barging in. Well, Buddy, thankfully was in the kitchen, behind the babygate, eating breakfast and didnt really notice until we went to put the cat out.

Then, their gray one got in yesterday and Buddy was NOT behind the gate.

Thankfully, besides our 3 sec. *WTH* moment, DH was able to catch Buddy, swing open the door with his foot so the cat could run out.

I want to go tell the office, Dh says to tell the neighbor about it first. The office wont tell her anything about me going down there, and I prefer it that way. Where as if I say something to her and she does nothing, then the office gets involved, she'll know it was me.

After the last to crazy neighbors, I really dont want to deal with all that.

Plus, I really dont want Buddy hurting or killing one of them.

what would you do?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I would go to the office... as long as they would/could guarantee that you would remain anonamous. I had a situation with a neighbor about a dog once many years ago. I thought my complaint would be anonamous... it wasn't. Animal control came to my house first, then theirs. We didn't really speak much to begin with but after that it was worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts