Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away most of the last three months so I haven't been on the site very much, hope all of your holidays went well and your new year is off to a good start.

Niko's a bit over 8 months old now and I've had him for six months as of today. We're always working on something, sometimes struggling and sometimes doing wonderful. So that's the idea for the thread: Something you and your dog are struggling with at the moment, and something your dog is currently doing good at.

Needs Some Work: Pulling on the leash at the beginning of a walk. I have a broken toe, an energetic puppy, and deadly slippery sidewalks. A dangerous combination.

Going Great: Fetch. He loves it, is doing great at bringing it back, and it's a great reward as he is less interested in treats than when he was younger.

So how about you? What needs some work and whats going great?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Needs work: raising her tolerance towards small animals (mainly the dogs in the house).

Going well: recall training.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Needs work: recall with distractions, reactions to animals outside (pulling on the leash).

going well: sit, stay, bang, down, up, twirl, fetch

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
That's nice that you're back. This forum is great to return too.

Needs work: Not chasing after trucks, motorcycles, dogs that bug him

Going well: Watch me command for above.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Kodi proved to me that he is still so much puppy at heart, a few times today he just got so excited he literally couldn't control himself. He didn't know what to do she he just started jumping up and down, prancing and bouncing around and around me.

Needs work: self control

Doing great: Quieting down the minute we put a leash on him.

We found that if the leash isn't on him after about 6 he is a general nuisance, pacing and licking everything and trying to jump on the furnature, eating everything in sight, looking for socks, etc. but the minute I slip his leash on he lays by my feet and sleeps.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Great idea for a thread, I was considering starting a similar one.

Needs work: heel on a normal leash (for going in public, don't do it often, so not a big deal), pulling straight in her harness.

Doing great: Hiking with a longline/flexi, interacting with other dogs, recall, interacting with the cats

We had some off-leash time yesterday with another dog around, instant stop when I said Eh Eh, and came right to me when I said her name. We've reached a point where the victories out number the fails. So happy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Needs some work: With other big dogs. (She is scared of them and does the tail between legs)
Going great: With other people (She is so friendly and sweet with people)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts