Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are living in Mexico(Cancun) at the moment. We have two adopted street/straydogs.

Ill go straight to the point:

I have waited for about 6 years to get a position in Kenya, working as a Safariguide. Unfortunately, since the nationalparks dont allow ANY kind of pets(understandable), we have to give our two dogs away :(

My placement is 4 years, so there goes the plan of temporary placement :(

What I need your help with, assuming most of you live in either US or Canada, is to locate organizations that help out with "across the border" adoptions. Mexico just isnt the best place for animals, considering that a big part of the human population still lacks any kind of human rights.

Im really worried about our two girls and I cant stand the thought of having to put them down - thats simply not an option!

Please help me as much as you possibly can - any advice is much appreciated.

Kind regards/Tony

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? :(

If anyne just happens to stumble over a organization that adopts dogs from Mexico, please let me know.

Getting a bit desperate here :S

·
Registered
10,534 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
check out www.sterlinganimalshelter.com they rescue dogs from the south (high kill shelters) and also from Puerto Rico...perhaps they could be of some assistance? No guarantees but they are great people to work with...maybe if you explained your situation they could somehow help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chloe`sMom and cshellenberger: Thank you so much for the links provided! :)

Just emailed them - hoping for a positive answer :)

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts