Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a wolf hybrid, he was hit by a car and was going to be put down- no one claimed him. He was found, it appeared, days after and then by the time he could be released, he had sat in a kennel without any care!!! So by the time I got word and had him seen the same day I got him, the infection was so bad - on top of the horrible damage to his front leg, they had to amputate it. so he went thru 2 surgeries and is doing fine with that- my question is, I know some others on here own hybrids, what type of diet/food are you feeding? He eats well, been vet checked and is in good health, but he isnt putting on weight. The vet said since he went thru so much, it might take time, but I was hoping for some ideas.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Got any pics? The content range of the wolfdog will make a difference in how he needs to be fed. The higher the wolf content, the more likely it is that he'd do best on a raw diet. Many, many wolfdogs have allergies to grains, and will need (at the least) a high-quality, grain-free food.

A good way to put on weight is to try Satin Balls. There are many recipes available online if you google the term, and you can adapt them to make them grain-free if need be. They worked very well for putting weight on Yuki when he was here.

Anyway, I would absolutely love to see a pic. :) Good luck with your boy and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me anytime!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts