Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i need some help with my 4 year old dog. for starters she is pickesese, pomeranina, and jack russle she is an inside dog but does go outside to play and use the bathroom. she started having a skin problem a month or so ago at that time it was just here itching and digging her belly. well it got worse over a few days so i took her to my groomer and asked what she thought she said she thought it was either fleas, a change in food, or just a skin irritation. well she didnt have a flea on her body and she has ate kibbles and bits since she was a baby i am guilty of sharing my food so i put a stop to that. well still had the problem and it kept getting worse i regularly bath her. well she got ear mites and i treated them and got rid of them and this skin problem just keepsgetting worse her back is scabby very very dry and flaky and her stomach is like someting else its irritated but no scabs or anything just has made her skin very wrinkly and she has a very bad odor to her i giveher a bath and the next day she smells horrible. i have posted my photobucket and in it i have taken pictures of each part of her body that has issues its like her stomach is one problem because its made her skin wrinkly and her back is another its got scabs and flaky and dry. i have looked at mange symptoms and it doesnt seem to be that because the problems are not in manges normal areas i dont know i am really confused and idont have the money to take her to a vet. if it comes down to it ill sell everything i have but im trying to avoid the vet its really expensive. any help that can be give is really appreciated im going to try and cover her body in mineral oil and give her another bath but any thoughts or possible things to go to help im open for information. thank you

http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/drenuf25/

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Get her off kibbles and bits. It's one of the worst foods and may be catching up to her. Try a grain free alternative protein food.
See a vet and get a skin scraping.
Don't cover her in mineral oil.
Try bathing her with Microtek Anti Itch shampoo every 2 days for 2 weeks, then weekly for a couple of weeks, then monthly. Dry thoroughly.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Dogfoodadvisor.com. Kibbles n bits is awful. She'd be better off eating your food, as bad as that is for dogs. Switch her to a grain free food, lamb or fish based, and take her to the vet. Even if is an allergy to the food, at this point, the allergic reaction is so entrenched, switching foods won't be enough. The poor little thing is suffering, she needs medical help.

Please don't cover her in mineral oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts