Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Brandon and i Have a six month old Pitbull/Labrador puppy. He has always seemed to have a diarrhea problem, it is odd though. Most of the time when I take him outside to do his business, he has nice solid logs. I take him out in the morning an he does his thing and he goes in a cage while I'm at work. Sometimes i come home to him and he has had diarrhea everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE!! Right now i am feeding him Taste of The Wild Wetlands. Before that he was just on the Iams walmart stuff. On the Iams he usually had to poop a lot and would still have diarrhea while i was at work. When i changed him to Taste of The Wild, he didn't poop as much and had nice solid logs when i took him on a walk or outside, but still has diarrhea sometimes when he is alone. Can anyone give me an idea of what might be going on? If you need anymore information, let me know and i will give it to you! thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Could be stress from being crated. Maybe mild Separation Anxiety. Maybe try DAP diffusers, a thundershirt and leaving a radio on while you are gone. Give him a frozen Peanut butter stuffed Kong to occupy himself with when you leave. Make sure you have tired him out before you leave by walking him briskly for 30-40 min. You could also try using a toddler gate (or 2 stacked on top of each other if he can jump/climb) to block off a small room with no carpet like a bathroom/laundry room) while you are gone. Sometimes they stress out less that way. And work on getting him to really like his crate. Google Crate Games.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts