Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this type of question has been asked numerous times. I did a lot of research and want to get opinions on this:

I got a prescription for inceptor. My dog has never had flea issues - but we live near the woods and water so mosquitoes and ticks are a HUGE problem.

I was thinking of just skipping the inceptor and getting k9 advantix along with using a topical, non-toxic mosquito spray.

can anyone recommend if this is a good idea??? Otherwise I would get frontline and the inceptor...

thanks so much!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like oral heartworm medication. So I would say Interceptor. But if you are worried about fleas, instead of Interceptor plus Frontline, I would just go with Sentinel. It is the same as Interceptor but it sterilizes fleas that bite your dog so he will not get infested.

·
Banned
221 Posts
My suggestion is to use some kind of heartworm prevenative during mosquito season in your area. Use Frontline or something similar only when you see a flea. I use a flea comb on my dogs once a week during the warm weather months. If I see only one flea, they both get a treatment.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Topical flea meds really don't do well with ticks. Try a Preventic collar. They work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts