Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted in another thread, Brutus is home from surgery on his mouth. The vet says he shouldn't be outside unsupervised because she doesn't want any dirt near the sutures and there's no telling what a hound will pick up with his mouth. So, that leaves him in the crate all day for the next two weeks as I don't let any dogs loose in my home without me being around.

He's crate trained so this isn't a huge deal except that he does need something to occupy his time. He's a hard core chewer when he's healthy, but the vet says I can't give him anything hard or rough that might damage the stitches. This rules out rawhides, bully sticks, bones and the like. I'm not sure what's left. The vet said kongs are fine, but I think he's gonna get tired of my peanut butter and dog food stuffing after awhile. What else can I give this guy?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hmm well in a crate? That really limits your choices.lol. Are you allowed to take him out for walks? If so tire him out a little and after about an hour or so give him his meal; the combined feelings of being full and being tired should induce sleep for a good portion of the time you are gone. Its not necessarily an activity per se but it keeps him from being bored ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts