Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 yr old female mini daschund and a 1 yr male mini daschund. They are both paper trained to go on their wee wee pads in the house, but I really want to have them go outside now. They are pretty good about going in the house, but I have a small apartment and if I dont clean it right away the smell kinda gets to me. When they are outside sometimes they'll go outside, sometimes they wont.

So whats the best way to go about this you think? putting their wee wee pads outside to start?

:cool:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Figure out their pee scehdule and take them out when you think they need to go. When they go reward with something really good. Just keep doing this and they will eventually prefer outside. Are they crate trained?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are crate trained, i crate trained them when i was training them to go on the wee wee's. i will have to moniter their pee schedule

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
yes they are crate trained, i crate trained them when i was training them to go on the wee wee's. i will have to moniter their pee schedule
Great. If you take them outside and they don't go after a few minutes bring them back in and put them into their crate, do not let them have a chance to go indoors. After 15 minutes or so bring them back outside and give them another chance to go. Keep doing this until they pee which will happen sooner rather than later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts