Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dezi is my Lhasa Apso, he is 14yrs old. He is part blind and deaf. Over the past few weeks he is soiling in the house (urine & stool) even after long walks. He goes outside most of the time and does nothing. Our home is begining to smell like urine.
We have just built a new home and are moving in in two weeks.
I am not sure what to do with him. Should I put him down???
On our walks he does not enjoy them like he used too.
He is slow and sleeps most of the time.
When do you know the time is right??

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
The time is right when you feel it's right. I would say Dezi's quality of life is not very good, especially if he is confused, lethargic, and unable to control his bowels. It might be his time. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The time is right when you feel it's right. I would say Dezi's quality of life is not very good, especially if he is confused, lethargic, and unable to control his bowels. It might be his time. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you for your thoughts. I will think about them for sure.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Only you can make the right decision, and thankfully us as pet owners can end a suffering life rather than forcing them to live if they don't have a good quality of life anymore.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I agree with the others. It's never an easy decision, but to truly love your dog is to listen to what he's telling you. You will know, in your heart of hearts, when it's the right time. If he isn't enjoying life but just existing...you will know. I wish you all the best. You can always come here to talk...we listen well.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Can you spend some more time with her outside? ....and in the house can you put puppy pads down?

I know how hard it is to put down a dog....have you taken her to the vet for an opinion on her health?

:confused::(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts