Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help.
i got my puppy 3 days back. she is 48 days old today. i took her to the vet the day i got her for the 1st vaccination (got her when she was 45 days old). the vet asked me to feed her drools for starters, she ate a little bit the 1st two days. but she has stopped eating since yesterday. she ate very little yesterday around 3pm after that she hasn't eaten till now, she drinks water though.
i took her to the vet today morning too, he said it wasn't anything serious and gave some medicines, but she still hasn't eaten yet.
what should i do? i am really worried. she is a german spitz.
(i have posted this same post in the new members section as i wasn't being able to post here.)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Do you know what the previous owners were feeding her? Since she's so new and so young, it's hard to know if she just doesn't like the food selection or if she's sick. Try some very tempting food, see if she'll eat that. If she won't eat anything you need to call the vet ASAP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the breeder was feeding her milk and rice. but when i tried feeding her milk today she drank it but threw up after 10-15 mins. do we get milk for puppies? can i give her cerelac?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
You can give her some Cerelac for now, if that's what she's used to. But you want to get her on proper dog food soon. If she likes the Cerelac mixed with milk, let her eat that for a couple days (and if you can get goat's milk or prepared puppy formula, that will be easier on the digestion than cow's milk), then slowly start mixing in some tinned dog food so she can get used to that. After she's fully used to the tinned dog food, and has gotten bigger and stronger and her teeth are large enough, you can start mixing dry dog food in with the tinned food, to get her used to that. But don't rush things; she's just a baby right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you so much for replying :) she is eating well now and seems livelier. really relieved and happy :D i will take your advice and get her to eat puppy food slowly. thank you once again :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts