Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I really need some help here... My husband and I got our Amazing dog just a little over 2 years ago... When we got him I was told he was a German Sheppard/Akita mix... fast forward a few months at my new job at a pet resort (were I could bring my amazing lil puppy at the time) they said he was a German Sheppard/ Great Dane mix....And then today I came across a Belgian Malinois mix and I gotta say this is like a spitting image of my dog haha but I wanted to get other peoples advice and opinion on him. I know I can have his DNA tested but I am not too sure about those.. Here is a picture of our awesome little guy!!! 060.jpg

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
How big is he? Do you have any other pictures?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I know nothing of Belgian Malinois, but a quick google image search definitely turns up a lot of look-a-likes! I don't see any Great Dane. Just from looking at images of the Malinois, and now reading up on them a little, they definitely have similar features/appearances as GSDs so I don't have near enough knowledge to say whether he's possibly a mix of the two, but I surely do not see any Great Dane. Regardless, gorgeous dog. Share more pictures! It's hard to tell his size from this one alone, and it makes him look relatively small.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't see malinois what so ever. Complete frame is different, tail set, face structure, etc. Many people see a resemblance due to color. Here are a few of mine, though I don't have any pics of a good set up for conformation. You can also send pics into American Belgian malinois club, by email for their opinion, but I don't think so.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts