Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built some shelves in my living room for my DVDs and other stuff. Now I need to make some book ends to hold my DVDs up. I was considering buying some but all of the book ends I could find for sale were either super expensive ($50 for a pair of book ends? No way....) or they didn't look very good at all. Plus I figured if I wanted it to look just right, I'm going to have to make it myself.

My idea is to sculpt the book ends (probably a pair of owls, or maybe bears) out of sculpey, and then put something into the hollowed out center to give it weight so that they can hold all of my DVDs up. But I seriously can't figure out what I can put inside of the sculptures to give them weight! They'd have to be small and dense and heavy enough. Maybe I could buy some metal things or something at the hardware store? Or... something? Anybody have any ideas? I have plenty of experience sculpting with things like sculpey or clay already, but I'm open to other ideas! I just don't want to just use like a rock or a stack of books glued together or something :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts