Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this could go on another sub-forum but I kinda want to get this done tonight!!!

Here's the deal: my stepfather decided to come get Chloe and hang out with her today (without letting me know, I came home to an empty house!!) as he has some guys over my Mom's doing landscaping and thought they would get a kick out of her. I'm thankful, of course, and she had fun.

Chloe was with him the whole time, and on a long lead so she got to explore more than usual. I just noticed she has some tree sap on both of her back legs. She isn't licking it, she doesn't even know it's there. My brilliant stepdad said to use nail polish remover or turpentine

Of course I will NOT do that, but what can I use? I tried water, some gentle soap and a comb to no avail. I just read online that mayonnaise works??

Does anyone have any help for me? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Yes, try mayonnaise or peanut butter. Something oily. Massage it in real well. :) Once the sap is out, then wash with soap and water.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I use fast orange hand cleaner for spots like that..It has pumice to help scrub it out and emollients that isnt harsh on the skin or hair. I just follow with a good shampooing to ensure its rinsed out well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts