Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was doing ok at 5 months at my old house, then we moved and it fukked up her whole routine. To compound things, my fiancee slapped her a couple times when she pooped in the house and so now, I can't even give her treats and praise when she poops outside because she's so anxious and runs away from me everytime. I still try to praise her and I try hard to get her to take the treat. She seems to be good now only peeing outside because she takes the treat and we haven't had any peeing accidents recently.

Is there anything I can do? I can't keep her inside the cage when I'm not with her 24-7. She pooped a lot today in morning when I wasn't looking after she pooped outside an hour earlier.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
FYI, if she's to stressed to take a treat, quit forcing it on her. Shoving it in her face when she clearly isn't interested isn't going to magically make her want it. If anything, it will increase her anxiety,

Take her out. Ignore her. Look in the completely opposite direction, even. (If (when) she poops, give a quiet "good girl", and let her keep on exploring the yard while you continue to ignore her.. If you don't have a fence, and she needs to be leashed, get a long line (at least 10 feet) so that she can have some space to poop without you hovering over her.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you changed anything in how you're treating her in regards to potty training in the past couple of weeks since you posted about this exact problem?

At this point I'd simply suggest that you find yourself a good force-free trainer in your area & work with them. Continually asking on an internet forum, then disregarding any & all suggestions given won't get you anywhere, I'm afraid, and the longer this goes on, the worse it will get.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The best way to fix bad behaviors is not letting them happen. Put her on a schedule so she wont feel the need to go inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts