Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got him from the shelter about 2 years ago. They said he was Welsh Corgi, but I don't think he is. He doesn't have the fur that they typically have...he has short hair and his head is almost shaped like a pit bull's. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I would say Boston Terrier and a basset hound or a corgi, I am leaning towards a corgi because you would think the ears would be droopy with a basset but you never know! the crook of the legs and his tail scream basset to me. To me he looks like a perfect blend between a basset and a boston.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say Boston Terrier and a basset hound or a corgi, I am leaning towards a corgi because you would think the ears would be droopy with a basset but you never know! the crook of the legs and his tail scream basset to me. To me he looks like a perfect blend between a basset and a boston.
Thank you for your input! I actually googled "Basston" dogs and he seems to fit their temperament and the look with the exception of the ears.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
sometimes weird things happen! but I mean the corgi would make sense too because of the ears but maybe the dog was a basset corgi and a boston! lol but if you google boston corgi they just don't fit the same.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Maybe ACD and corgi mixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sometimes weird things happen! but I mean the corgi would make sense too because of the ears but maybe the dog was a basset corgi and a boston! lol but if you google boston corgi they just don't fit the same.
so maybe he is a Basston Corgi?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I would also say Corgi/ACD based on coloring and the ears. And I guess his eyes do look like a Boston's. So I'll say Boston/ACD/Corgi.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Well, he's a lot shorter, LOL. So he must have some Corgi or Bassett. And it can be hard to tell the difference between a Boston mix and a pit mix--they tend to have the same look around the eyes. But I definitely see ACD. How much does he weigh?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm thinking Dachshund too, honestly I've seen several Dachshund Pitbull crosses, though they usually have floppy or rose ears, they could have prick ears too... but maybe it's Dachshund/ACD? that might work too :)

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
I'm thinking Dachshund too, honestly I've seen several Dachshund Pitbull crosses, though they usually have floppy or rose ears, they could have prick ears too... but maybe it's Dachshund/ACD? that might work too :)
genetic variability of crosses is pretty huge. its very feasible that two very distant breeds crossed together could bring out previously unknown recessives. could be some prick ear gene we havent seen before thats a different form than what you usually see. The flop ear in that cross could be a dominant form or it could be just more highly concentrated amongst the population of that cross in your area. its really hard to say.

the reason i went with Pit Doxie is because both breeds are up there at the top in population numbers all over the place and all the visible characteristics occur in those breeds

dunno just musings

1 - 13 of 13 Posts