Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
How old is it?
Looks like a pit bull mix to me. And the only reason I even say mix is because the hair looks a bit longer.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I just see a Terrier looking face .... the brindle comes in different breeds .... like my 11.6 pound Eddee ... and he is a Schnauzer/Cairn/? mix. :)

How big is the pup in weight?

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I see some sort of small terrier maybe mixed with chihuahua or some sort of toy breed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was thinking.. seemed like maybe a terrier mix like abbylynn was saying..
i dont see the pit bull either but idk much about dogs lol.. thats why im here..
ive only had two dogs.. toy poodle and a small retriever mix.. so other than those.. im clueless..

thnx for the info everyone..

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
That pup looks nothing like a Pit Bull
I couldn't agree with this more.

Looks nothing like a pit, or even a pit mix. Brindle comes in a butt load of breeds.

Looks like a feist mix to me, or some other little terrier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
His face and body looks just like my friends reverse brindle full pit bull. But he is much much smaller than she was ever as a puppy so, Im guessing possibally a pitbull/ terrier mix :3

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I don't see any pit in that dog (and I just kind of shake my head now at everyone who thinks that brindle = pit bull). One of the members of this forum has a brindle chihuahua -- no pit in there, either. ;)

That pup could have brindle chi in there, boston terrier, some other kind of small terrier... many breeds can be brindle! (That's a gallery of photos -- here's a list, and that's only of the AKC recognized breeds!)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yes ... many breeds can be brindle. I have been doing a mess of research to try and match Eddee up with his possible mixes. I even came across a brindle purebred Poodle Googling around different "Brindle Breed" sites! That was a shocker for even me! :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Out of interest, does that pat DNA thing you can buy to swab and mail-off to find your dog's breed help at all?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
His face and body looks just like my friends reverse brindle full pit bull. But he is much much smaller than she was ever as a puppy so, Im guessing possibally a pitbull/ terrier mix :3
I'd be questioning the bloodline of your friend's dog

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My first thought was "Chihuahua mix" but with some further inspection it may not be Chi. I think it's a small dog mix, however. I also see NO pit in this puppy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts