Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I got this puppy from a lady who says mom was a min pin, and dad was a poodle. However....I have my doubts. She has alot of dogs and I'm wondering if she didn't maybe miss one of them mating with her min pin before finding the poodle mating with it? The thing is that this puppy has absolutly NO poodle characteristics that I can see (I'm no expert) but is identical to some pics of Min pin Beagle mixes that I have found. What is your opinion?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I don't see minpin or poodle in your pup.
Might I ask why you chose to support this lady by buying a puppy from her?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can ask, but I don't think I'll answer that. No need for controversy. Just trying to get people's opinion on the breed. Thank you for yours by the way.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Fair enough. Looks like a Shepherd mix, I hope you weren't expecting a small dog.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's 5lbs at 3 months old. Never mind, think I'll just go get a professional's opinion. I promise you she is no sheherd, she fits in the palm of my hand practically.

·
Registered
73 Posts
She does look shepherdish.
And she sure does not look 5 lbs.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
do you have any other pictures....its kinda hard to tell from just one...like one from the side..standing....and something by her for size reference...like a soda bottle or can :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont see either breed in it- it looks as if it well be a 35 lbs+ when grown- cant really tell by the picture- does she have a shepherd? can you post a closer pic?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
yes, pictures can be deceiving. She looks a lot bigger then 5 pounds in that picture. There is only the edge of the deck to compare to and it is hard to say how low/high the edge of the deck is. She does not look like a Poodle mix to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see where the pic would be decieving. But I assure you, she is 5lbs and a few ounces. I put my profile pic up, she is next to my face and you can compare her that way if you'd like, but there is no way she's gonna be a big dog whether she has poodle or not. Guess I picked a bad pic for this one...lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I had problems with it too. See if anyone can see my albums. I posted a pic of her by a flower pot, and one with her toy, it's the smallest one of those toys that petsmart sells and she still has a little trouble grabbing it. Also the one of her and I is posted in the album as well. At any rate, despite what the pics look like, the scale says 5lbs. We went to petsmart yesterday and I stopped by banfield to use their scale for best accuracy.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Try again Locke... It is now

mcnees79 she is absolutely adorable but she still doesn't look poodle to me. She might change as her hair gets longer though.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
She's definitely not a toy breed or toy breed mix like you were told. She's way too big to be that. I see some terrier, maybe shepherd or some other herder. I'd guess she's going to be medium sized. I see no min pin or poodle at all.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You can see the min pin in her, doesn't look like any poodle to me though.

Beagle maybe, with the white chest and paws, but could be something like a border collie too.

Who really knows though.. It might become clearer later on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts