Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16 pound Westie has outgrown her car seat. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14 hours straight thru (with rest stops) to Houston without a peep, then a week later back home with same result. She mostly just snoozes. I know it is hard to believe but it is true.

·
Registered
409 Posts
check out something like the "kurgo trufit smart harness" instead of a seat. I like the broad straps and chest pad to prevent damage to the pooch in emergency braking.

other than that I dont know really what they have for larger dog booster seats.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have the Kurgo as well. Zoey has been able to unbuckle the carbiner and twist the seatbelt into "knots" but she is active in the seat. It sounds like your dog settles down quickly so you probably wouldn't have those problems.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I feel like I could just build my own, but probably shouldn't lol :) I'm glad it works good though i just had to laugh because I'm like "what am I looking at??" Then I saw it in the car and I'm like "oh a laundry basket with a bed...cool I think" :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
My dog hated riding in the car when he couldn't see out the windows. He would get all tangled up in harnesses. I got the Snoozer Lookout car seat years ago. It has held up extremely well. The pictures on the website show the dogs hooked onto regular harnesses, but using a car harness is safer in case of an accident. I can take a picture and post it tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dog hated riding in the car when he couldn't see out the windows. He would get all tangled up in harnesses. I got the Snoozer Lookout car seat years ago. It has held up extremely well. The pictures on the website show the dogs hooked onto regular harnesses, but using a car harness is safer in case of an accident. I can take a picture and post it tomorrow if you want.
Please do post a photo. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Our 20 lbs doxie mix rides in a plastic kennel in the car. He hops right in and lays down!

ETA: I looked at the Fido Rido -- omg, my dog would lick the back of my head the entire time we drove. lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, Hambonez my dog cannot reach my head from the Fido Rido. LOL It sits in the middle of the back seat and is latched in. Sits high enough that she can see out the windows. Granted, it is sort of funny but it works well. They do come in different sizes. Has a removable cover that can be washed. I would think it would be best for smaller dogs though. My dog weighs 10 pounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts