Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just need a few opinions.

Kali, my 10 month old Husky/Lab mix has never been crate trained, she never needed to be before now. But I want to buy her a crate with the birthday money I got today so I can take her to obedience and agility classes. She's the kind of dog who needs a break while working.
I also plan to take Sydney my mini aussie to the same classes, and have one dog crated at a time, work each dog as they can handle it, or for only like 5 minutes at a time.
Does this sound like an ok plan? I don't think my clicker class instructor will mind be bringing the crate in, nobody usually does but I thought it sounded like a good plan. Sydney also has her own crate that fits her, but I only planned on taking the one larger one for the two, as I would usually have a dog with me and one in the crate.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Have you thought about an exercise pen? The folks at a local dog club use both crates and pens to hold their dogs while they're working others.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have, the only thing is that I don't have the clips for closing the X-Pen, though I could buy some I guess. That wouldn't be a bad idea. I could lay out a blanket or something in it, and fold it into a square shape, and use it like a crate, go through the crate training and everything with it. I want them to be nice and comfortable with staying in there because Sydney is a very fearful dog, she's so much better now but we're still working on it. Kali is a nervous sort of dog, and she spooks easy but nI think they'll do fine with that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts