Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a three and half month Great Pyreness/Golden Retriver mix. The people I got her from fed just regular Wal-mart brand dog food. I switched to Puppy Chow.Recently went to Pet Smart and one of the workers said I should switch to a brand named MAX. Problem is she doesn't like it.Should I go back to Puppy Chow,or is there another brand out there that is good for puppies that won't cost me a arm & leg? I don't mind spending $15 -$20 for twenty lbs. of food. Suggestions in this price range? I want what's best for her.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wellness makes a good food, they have a Super5Mix variety. They have that at PetCo. What stores are available to you?

·
Registered
242 Posts
unfortunately you're not going to find what's best for her in that price range, especially these days. Regardless of that point, you should really pick one food and stay with it. You're switching your dogs food way too often. Your best bet is to do Nutro Max and stay with it, it is the healthiest choice you've selected. As for not eating it, try adding a little luke warm water to enhance the smell and flavor. Dogs challenge from the moment they are born to the day they die. Sometimes walking away from the dish when you change from a junkie brand of pet food to a better one, is your dogs way of saying, "uh, what happened to the good stuff?" Surrvival of the fittest... he'll learn that when the leader(you) put the food down, he'd better eat it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts