Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i usually use trifexis. but my young dog is on ivermec right now, so i would like to use advantage for fleas.
i have advantage II for large dogs over 55 pounds left, but my dog is only about 32 pounds. can i use it? or is it too strong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Advantage doesnt even work in my area, however trifexis does! why not take your dog of ivermec, the trifexis is interceptor(heartworms preventative) and comfortis (for fleas) and i have saw a handful of studies stating that interceptor is a bit safer than ivermec.

right now if your dog is currently on a montly prevenitive with ivermec i would not use trifexis for fleas, however i wouldnt use advantage either! does your vet carry comfortis? and maybe next time you can just start using the trifexis with no ivermec :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she had mange, thats why she is on ivermec. she has to stay on it for another 2 weeks. i usually use trifexis. since our neighbours dont take great care of their dogs, i dont want her to get fleas. why wouldn't you use advantage? because of ivermec or because you dont recommend advantage?

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh i see! sorry about the mange! i got a chow puppy last year and went through mange.

i just dont recommend advantage because it doesnt work for me. or anyone i know (i groom dogs)

but maybe other areas would have better luck with it. doesnt work in Kentucky thats for sure. neither does frontline.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine seems to get better...hope it stays like that.
do you know if i can use 55lb plus advantage for my 30lb dog?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wouldnt do it. too much can be harmful.
putting the poisons in and on are dogs are harmful enough as directed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts