Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of purchasing a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy from a breeder. The breeder cut me a deal on the beautiful puppy because her mother stepped on her tail and broke it about an inch from the base. The tail is "right angled" now and I was wondering if there was a possible method of straightening the tail out?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
a vet would have to rebreak it and set it. Probably a bit painful for the dog to recover from that kind of procedure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could see that being the case, I wouldn't want to ruin the dogs personality. I don't personally know any vets so I would assume they would tell me anything to get some money

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
As Keechak said a Vet would have to rebrake it and set it. Other than the asthetics of it there is no reason to correct the tail. I know numerous sighthouds, and cats, that have kinked tails and none of them have ever had an issue with it.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I could see that being the case, I wouldn't want to ruin the dogs personality. I don't personally know any vets so I would assume they would tell me anything to get some money
Any vet that would do that is a bad vet you need to avoid. Most vets are honest, hard working people with a love for animals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts