Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dog with IBD and the vet said to put him on a low fat high fiber dog food. I first put him on Natural balance diet food which seemed to do ok but then his symptoms came back- soft stool with mucous and a little blood and not wanting to eat. So I an in the process of slowly switching him to Natural choice lite by nutro which was one of the food the vet recommended other than of course the science diet and royal canin which they sell at the office. But both of these are ffull of corn, byproducts etc. which I refuse to feed my dogs.Also the Nutro has lamb instead of chicken in the NB- both my dogs seem to have a problem with chicken. He is still having the occasional problem so I started him on probiotics and bottled water. I know it takes a long time to see actual results with the food thing- we started on 3/5 with the NB- then went to the nutro about 3 weeks ago. So any other suggestions- I don't want to start him on prednisone since he is only 3- we have run all other tests- blood work- stool cultures and abdominal US and the conclusion was lower bowel IBD. Any other suggestions I would appreciate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If your going to do low fat, I agree with the above poster, Wellness weight formulas are great. Canidae platinum is also a good one. Nutro isn't that great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts