Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week or so ago, Chloe was having major sneezing fits. After it didn't clear up in about three days, I took her to the vet as she was due for a physical anyways. She was healthy as a horse and the vet couldn't see any obvious obstruction or irritant in her nose that would cause the sneezing. She thought that it might be nasal mites causing some mild irritation and, thus, the sneezing.

So I ordered a package of Revolution. Chloe has since stopped sneezing massively, but now both of my ferrets and the cat are sneezing. o_O They aren't sick in any other way (good poops, eating's fine, drinking's fine, activity level is fine), just this blasted sneezing.

I planned on dosing Chloe with the Revolution just to be on the safe side, but I didn't know if I could dose the ferrets and the cat as well? I have the revolution for 50 pound dogs to use for Chloe, and I wasn't sure if I could just give a very, very small amount to the ferrets and cat.

My Guinea pigs had mange mites and I treated them with a very small dose of Revolution, but I don't know what kind it was.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Revolution (it's the same formula for cats and dogs) can be used on cats and ferrets, but you have to be VERY careful to get the dosing correct, especially for the ferret. I'd call the vet to ask about the right dosage. I've never heard of nasal mites, though :confused: . But if the Revolution is working for Chloe, I suppose it would work for the others, too.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Revolution (it's the same formula for cats and dogs) can be used on cats and ferrets, but you have to be VERY careful to get the dosing correct, especially for the ferret. I'd call the vet to ask about the right dosage. I've never heard of nasal mites, though :confused: . But if the Revolution is working for Chloe, I suppose it would work for the others, too.
Thanks! :)

I used some Revolution on the piggies when they had mange mites...I might email the lady I adopted them from (she's a vet tech) and ask her about dosage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts