Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a dog on the road last night, and brought him home. It was cold out and he is small and skinny, and I was afraid to leave him out there. Anyway, Im not actually allowed to have pets, so I have to find his home. I want the people who call to have to tell me about him, so that I can be sure that some random person isnt trying to get a dog that isnt theirs. I dont know the breed, I looked it up, and the closest I could find is Japanese Chin, but the coat doesnt match the description. I hope you can help me!!

Sorry so big.......

Sorry so big.......

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
looks like a Pekingese to me.....just not w/ all the coat....

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Yeah, it looks like a Pekingnese to me.

Put up flyers around your neighbourhood and at the vet's office. Make sure the flyers are vague in description, so you can ask the owners to describe the dog's appearance or behaviour if they call. You can also bring him to your local vet to check if his microchipped -- if he is, you'll be able to use the chip to contact the owners and let them know you have their dog.

·
Banned
335 Posts
That dog could be nearly a twin to the pet-quality Peke that I had many years ago, except that your found dog has had its coat trimmed. So cute! Good luck finding his home and thank you for being so kind to him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it looks like a Pekingnese to me.

Put up flyers around your neighbourhood and at the vet's office. Make sure the flyers are vague in description, so you can ask the owners to describe the dog's appearance or behaviour if they call. You can also bring him to your local vet to check if his microchipped -- if he is, you'll be able to use the chip to contact the owners and let them know you have their dog.
I already have the fliers up with a notation that they will have to be able to describe the dog. Thanks for mentioning the chip, that option completley slipped my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts